Friday, July 6, 2007

Michael at WRESTLING CAMP

I get a text from Michael today ( he is supposed to be at Appalachian State University, wrestling camp, in North Carolina) "Guess what I did?" To which I respond - get your first PIN. "No," he says, "but I jumped off of a dam" - I was like - WHAT. I immediately say to Shawn "that warrants a telephone call." (The over-protective mother that I am picked up the cell phone immediately!) I ask him, "you are at wrestling camp, right." He assures me that he is ok and it was a lot of fun, but Coach Orin wanted to take all of us to do it. I am not so sure that I trust this coach anymore (just kidding - super great guy). But I think is he trying to create eating disorders AND no fear? Totally crazy and I wonder why I have gray hair - plenty of it!

Later he sent me another text that he got his first PIN in a match today - he was pretty excited. Way to go Mickey Stickey! He should be back Monday night.

4 comments:

Mike and Mary Lee said...

I am happy to hear the Michael is OK from the jump. Better to hear of his pin. Much love, Mother and Dad, AKA Elder & Sister Morgan

Max and Deborah said...

Max said that the is the job of a wrestling coach to creat the eating disorder and instill no fear. No worries.... he survived. Yeah I would have freaked out too. I am glad he is okay.

Victoria said...

Just let Mike know the rule to telling parents you do something crazy is, always tell them after the fact! That way you are OK and they are just glad to hear that. hehehe Trust me on this one Mike.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.