Monday, July 2, 2007

George Laub Home Restored.



I am sure that my family will remember the Nauvoo trip when I was about 12? (Sorry Vicki!) I found this picture on the Nauvoo web site - it is the restored George Laub home. Pretty Cool.

I also found, I think, a journal of his trip to the Salt Lake Valley. Really cool.

http://www.lds.org/churchhistory/library/pioneerdetails/0,15791,4018-1-10585,00.html

There is a book at the Harold B Lee Library (BYU) that I am interested in pursuing. Mom and Dad I thought you might be interested in this information.

There have been several comments about the emphamis "brick" - Yes it is a little ironic that it could be restored with a brick in Ohio! Maybe the hole is around back where it can't be noticed - hehe!

5 comments:

Christine & Crew said...

Isn't it a cool little house. If I remember right - it is a home for older couples working in Nauvoo? I think I have a picture of my family standing in front of it. By the way - should we return the brick from one of our childhood visits?

Max and Deborah said...

It doesn't look familiar. I passed many homes that looked a little different than that. I wonder what street it was on. I thought they tore down the house. I guess I assumed that since we have a brick from it. I remember when we found it the first time as a family. Wasn't Laub a body guard for Joseph Smith? Thanks for finding it.

Mike and Mary Lee said...

Dad has a copy of the journal on the library shelf, Grandma Morgan sent it to him. It isn't just a journal for his treck to Utah but also his life in Nauvoo. The idea to send the brick back, isn't it a little late, since it is already restored? hehe

Victoria said...

I feel left out I don't even know what brick you are talking about. hehe

Amy said...

I like your new page!