Monday, July 2, 2007

Girl''s Camp

Last week I was at girl's camp. I loved it as a kid, but as an adult it is not one of my favorite activities. Although, I did enjoy working with the stake leaders and teaching 2 classes, one on plants and the other on extinguishing fires. I also had an opportunity to be in charge of the “Solo” activity. I found a really neat story that I shared with the YW about Gratitude. It was really cool to watch them change from Self-Centered to thinking about others. Anyway, if you didn’t know where I was – now you do.

We went to a camp that had tranquilized and removed a black bear in the month prior to our visit. So we had to take precautions – locking the food up in our cars at night, and not leaving any food scraps around the campsite. The camp was beautifully situated near a lake. I had an opportunity to go on the five-mile hike. WOW did we climb a hill. 2,000 feet in 1/3 a mile! I was really tired.

Anyway - I am glad to be home! SORRY. I DON’T HAVE ANY PICTURES! I didn’t even take the camera out of the case. OOOPS! I will see if I can get some pictures from some of the girls, they took enough for everyone!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I have always thought it would be so fun to be the girls camp adviser! Not b/c i love camping or anything like that, I just would want to make girls camp so fun for the YW. Having both good and bad experiences at camp...i definatly would like to give some yw the positive experiences.

Max and Deborah said...

YOU ROCK!!!!!