Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Floor Project

We are refinishing our dining room floor- Yikes we have never done this before.

Saturday I pulled up the carpet - LOOK What I found??? Wow that is NOT so beautiful. I believe that I am crazy!



Here is Shawn - look at all of the energy - trust me when I say that it was gone at Midnight.



Look at this finish from 1908 - WHAT DID THEY USE????? ARGH - It took us 12 hours of work removing this GUNK.



After 3 trips to home depot - this is our floor today at 5:00 PM - It was a process. Now all we have left to do is 2 days of Polyurithane. Can you hear the giddiness in my voice! No that is not the fumes - yet

4 comments:

Mike and Mary Lee said...

The floor looks great now, but I question what is wrong with carpet. Mom says that it is an animal thing. Send us a picture of the final product.

Max and Deborah said...

I am having flashbacks to when we sanded our floors. What a head ache. The one thing I wish we would have done differently was to use a glossy poly instead of a satin poly. Now when it is clean and mopped I don't get the shine I want. Plus it dosn't look as glamerous. Use the glossy.

Max and Deborah said...

are you going to change your trim aswell?

Amy said...

Wow! That looks awesome. There is really nothing like a good wood floor.