Thursday, October 9, 2008

So Long

I know that I haven't been very good at keeping up with everyone - but it has been lose my mind crazy around here. I don't know why every year I do this to myself. Shawn says that it is because I don't know how to say NO. I say it is because if I don't do it who will? Anyway I couldn't sleep so I thought I would send you all a quick update! I am currently coaching the flag team and cheerleaders. I am co-teaching 4 classes each day and I have one resource that is 10 students (REALLY BIG). I have said to several people that I feel like I am running with my hair on fire from 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM. I am also teaching Early Morning Seminary. That is really keeping me hopping.

Shawn is teaching at RCC. During this budget crunching time it has been tough there. He is having to teach a math class at the prison for RCC even though it is not something he particularly wants to do. We are grateful that he has work, but look forward to the time that he will have a more secure situation. The oysters continue to grow and he is making some good business connections. O don't know if this business is a trial or a blessing, but it has taught me to be patient with my husband. It has also taught my two boys how to work. So if that is all that comes from it then I will count it a success. Our Stake President often says that the biggest problem missionaries have is not knowing how to work. I don't believe that my boys will have that problem.

Mike is running cross country and has really enjoyed it. He decided to do it to help get him in shape for wrestling, but I think he is enjoying it more than wrestling. He is not the fastest on his team, but he consistently comes in 7th or 8th on the team and is cutting time off of his personal record. He also is lifeguarding occasionally for the Y. He is taking 6 dual enrollment classes and doing pretty well. I think that he is tired of bring at home still and ready to move, but at the same time he is nervous about leaving home and being an adult! So he is on a rollercoaster of emotions. He is a great kid, but he is driving me CRAZY!

Morgan is loving high school. He is also running cross country. Last night he broke the 9 minutes mile in a meet. He was so happy. I love that cross country is all about beating your own times! It has been fun to see him interact at the high school. He is so SOCIAL! I think he truly is my son - He really just is so friendly and nice to everyone. (I know some of you can't believe this, but I am REALLY friendly.) He got straight As on his interim and we will see how he does on his report card. He is so tired of his schedule, but he continues to plug away at band, school, scouts, and cross country. He wants me to enroll him at the Y for soccer, but I said - NO! You do not have any more time. He really hates getting up for seminary, but once he is there he is so goofy that the other students just laugh at him!

Dave is reading! Well at least most words. He is playing soccer for the Y which means I have Saturdays and one week night running him. He loves school but HATES the computer lab. He is having a hard time not being home often enough. When we are home he is out in the backyard jumping on the trampoline constantly! When he was little he use to have a circut. Well he still does Legos, trampoline, fort, soccer, computer, LEGOS, trampoline, fort, soccer, computer... If you can figure out where he is you'll know where to look for him next. He is a joy to me and I am so grateful that he is in our family!

Well, I think that is more than any of you want to know about - so UGH. Now I am going to start my family and get off to seminary!~ YEAH!~ I love to wake Morgan up - argh!~'

Love you all!

4 comments:

Max and Deborah said...

Whew... I am tired just reading your day. Sounds like your family is busy busy. Love you.

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting, sorry you couldn't sleep, you needed the sleep. You do have a wonderful little family. What joy, and trials they bring into your life. But that is the way it is suppost to be. You can do this too!
Love you!

Unknown said...

Oh dearl, sounds so stressful. I hope you have some time for yourself to gain strength to keep going. You are a wonderful wife, mother, teacher, comunity support and daughter of God. Love ya.

Nonda said...

You are an amazing woman to keep all those balls in the air at the same time! I'm not good at juggling!
It's fun to see photos of your family and to read about some of their activities.